Saturday 1 September 2012

Life out on the edge


(hehehe my feet in the background ^)Indiana starts school in December. I welcome the next milestone in his life as I feel he has grown into a boisterous bandit with the typical 4 year old arrogance that only school rules can displace. I think hes ready. He likes the sound of school, especially the fact his baby brother won't be there. As we get closer to his 5th birthday and the start of his school days, I feel myself getting anxious about my own role in all of this. Will I have to surrender life on the edge?  Never. I got this. In all my awkwardness and anti social tendencies, bouts of friendliness have been known to surface from time to time. As long as I don't ruffle too many feathers, I shouldn't be too much of a set back as Indiana maps his own little friendship circles.  By ruffling feathers I mean making scenes, which is kind of what I do. But for the sake of good role modeling, amicable behavior should be upheld :)
DON'T
  1. Punch people 
  2. Patronize the teachers
  3. Antagonize the other parents
DO

  1. Let Indy be who he wants to be
  2. Pack too much lunch so I can raid whats left
  3. Stay cool

Knock em dead kid


No comments:

Post a Comment